Friday, January 22, 2010

Blah.

I hate the woe is me attitude. It's broodish and egocentric characteristics make my skin crawl-when someone else embraces it, that is. I fight this ugly attitude on a pretty consistent basis. It's like the warm blanket that I throw on when even a slight chill arises. Ahhhh. I fight it and fight it. "Keep your head up", I tell myself. "Nobody likes a sour sally", I remind myself. But, the water starts rising and I feel it coming on- the isolating feeling of my trials being worse than those around me. And there I will sit, in my own thoughts, about how sad I am or how overwhelmed I feel. About how I've added to it by saying or doing the wrong things. And on and on. It's vicious, what I do, and it's intricate.

It drives my husband mad the way I beat myself up. That's the second part of my woe is me. I start to list the ways that I have added to my misery. Like, "Did I really have to say THAT to them?", or, "I doubt they'll include me in that thing." I will not stop until finally I'm sad. And then, I'm done. But, I'm sad and down. And, I've successfully isolated myself into the corner where I think that no one can find me- not even God. Thank goodness for a gospel that searches and finds me b/c it is in me to stay hidden. Today I'm sad b/c I'm thinking of old and lost friends that I hurt and I was hurt by. I have been trying to mend fences, but, it looks like that are unmendable. At least on earth, that is. And I'm sad b/c they have never shown an interest in my children. And these are life friends, or they were at least, and I have held onto that hurt for a long time. Time to let go, so that the hurt can dull. So that I will not revisit this old, familiar place. Oh, Lord meet me here. And He will and does. Without Him I'm just an old broken mess. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

No comments: